There are a handful of iPhone apps I use on a regular basis that enhance my life. Here’s my list (in no particular order):
- Spotify is a music streaming service with on-demand access to millions of songs. It’s a music discovery, internet radio, and a way to share music with your friends all in one application. My favorite music app of all time.
- Shazam is a music identification service. Hear a catchy new tune at a restaurant, on the radio or anywhere else, but have no idea what it’s called or who it’s by? Open up this smart app and it’ll tell you in seconds.
- Amazon is an online retailer for just about anything you can pretty much buy on the internet. I’m sure you already knew that. I find the Amazon app indispensable for my natural tendency to compare prices for something I’m eyeing. That’s right, I’m a showroomer. It’s also great for impulse purchases. =)
- Feedly is a news feed aggregator I adopted once I learned that Google Reader was no longer going to exist. It was a sad day, but I’ve grown to like Feedly. It’s fun, colorful and easy to use.
- Kindle app is great. It syncs across all your devices where you left off in the book you were reading – Kindle, iPhone, iPad, etc. A big win for me since I tend to use a different device every time I seem to squeeze in a reading session.
- Pocket is an app that let’s you collect articles and blog posts to read at a later time. It comes particularly handy when you stumble across something, but don’t have time at that moment to read it. I usually catch up on my Pocket articles when I’m at the airport or during some situation where I’m waiting on something.